5 Best Multivitamins For Men
There are several brands like Tallwell Nutrition offering multivitamins for men especially that most men really focus on either body building or being fit. We chose the best five based on key ingredients and combinations included.
However, you will decide on what is the best for you based on what you need.
First, go over the following essential vitamins and minerals for men:
Vitamins A, C, and E.
These are collectively known as antioxidants, which protect your body against free radicals that may help in triggering heart problems, cancers and other diseases. Selenium is also a good antioxidant.
Naturally occurring in sunlight, Vitamin D helps men in testosterone production and mood disorder prevention. It also helps in controlling cholesterol and blood pressure levels. Spend at least 10 minutes walking in the morning before brunch time to get some natural Vitamin D.
For men in their 40s and up, B12 is important especially if they are taking several prescriptions every day. B12 protects the nerve and blood cells. It can also prevent megaloblastic anemia. It is naturally found in fish, meat, poultry, eggs, and dairy. However, it may be difficult for the body to absorb when under medication.
This is important for maintaining strong bones and preventing heart diseases.
It maintains a good blood pressure level, prevents headaches and muscle spasm.
One in every three adult men is affected by high blood pressure. A dose of potassium daily will reduce the risk for cardiovascular diseases.
It promotes prostate health among men. Further, it strengthens the immune system and prevents loss of appetite.
Now, here are five of the best multivitamins for men:
- Nature Made Multi For Him. From each capsule, you will get 100 percent of the USDA recommended daily allowance of vitamins C, D, and E. Each bottle has 90 tablets and costs about $8.
- One A Day Men’s Health Formula. Two of its key ingredients are Vitamin B12 (18 mcg) and Magnesium. Each packet has 60 tablets and costs around $9.
- Garden Of Life Vitamin Code Men. This is gluten-free and dairy-free, great for men who have specific dietary requirements. Zinc is one of its key ingredients. Each pack has 120 capsules and costs around $28.
- Vitafusion Men’s. For young men who resist vitamins unless they come in sweet gummy bites, this is the best choice. Vitamins A, C, and D are among its key ingredients. It costs about $10 per bottle with 150 gummies.
- Centrum Silver Men 50+. This is for men 50 years old and above, but its key ingredients — vitamins A, D, and B12 — are good for all ages and genders. It costs about $18 for a bottle with 220 tablets.
If you are taking care of a man who needs food supplements and vitamins, be sure to know what he’s already taking. You want to avoid an overdose of certain vitamins that may cause health and medical concerns.
For instance, vitamin B6 overdose can cause nerve toxicity, while a B3 overdose can cause nausea, jaundice, and liver toxicity. You should know the vitamins included in your multivitamins brand to avoid redundancy. Better yet, find the one brand that offers everything you need. Further, use USDA’s reference page for recommended vitamins and mineral doses.